Salifert pH Profi-Test
- The pH value in a marine tank has a major impact on the growth of corals and calcareous algae and on many biological processes. The pH should not be allowed to fluctuate more than approx. 0.2 units during any 24 hour period and should preferably be kept above 8.2.
- If the pH is too low then the cause may be a too low alkalinity and/or a build up of carbon dioxide caused by insufficient aeration
- A low pH can be corrected by improving aeration and by increasing the alkalinity.
- The Salifert Test Kit is sufficiently accurate to monitor minor pH fluctuations and is scaled from pH 7.4–8.7.
- Sufficient for 50 tests.
- For marine water only.
Keep out of reach of children
- Add with syringe 5ml of water in the test tube.
- Add with the dropping bottle pH 4 drops and swirl gently for 10 seconds.
- Put the open test tube on the white part of the color chart. View from above and read the corresponding pH value. It might be possible that the color is in between two different ones, then the pH value is as well in between the two corresponding values.