- Antibacterial polymer for internal infections of fish
- Use alone or mixed with other medications to make them palatable to fish and greatly reduce the loss of medication to the water through diffusion
- Treats fungal and bacterial infections
Focus™ is an antibacterial polymer for internal infections of fish. Focus™ is primarily intended to be mixed with food and/or other medications to make them palatable to fish and greatly reduce the loss of medication to the water through diffusion. For use in freshwater or marine aquaria.
When to Use a Medicated Food Mix...
- Your fish has an internal infection
Bloating, abnormal stools, loss of appetite, and weight loss are all signs of a potential internal infection.
- You are already treating with a medication in the water
Sometimes fish will develop several infections at the same time, requiring multiple medications. We don’t recommend dosing two medications into the water, but it is possible to put one medication in the food and the other in the water.
- There are corals, plants, or invertebrates in the tank
Using a medicated food mix will prevent damage to delicate plants or invertebrates from medication.
Active ingredients: Active ingredient: polymer bound nitrofurantoin (0.1%)
Focus™ is appropriate for treating a variety of internal infections of fish. Below are some of the more common diseases treatable with Focus™ as part of a medicated food mix. Be aware that many diseases and infections share similar physical and behavioral symptoms, e.g. clamped fins, lesions, loss of appetite.
- Ich (White Spot)
- Hole in the Head / Head and Lateral Line Erosion (HLLE)
- Hemorrhagic Septicemia