ULTIMATE IN CONTROL & PERFORMANCE
The Reef Octopus ELITE 200-INT is constructed of high-quality cast acrylic and PVC that disassembles completely for cleaning. Its unique Super Cone"wine glass" body naturally stabilizes and concentrates the organic rich foam as it rises.
This skimmer features a unique “twist and lift" collection cup to make removal and cleaning a simple task. Pecision wedge valve provides refined control and an underwater vented outflow for quiet and smooth operation.
Equipped with the latest variable speed Reef Octopus VarioS-4S pinwheel pump with integrated memory controller.
In addition to allowing the pump to run at 5 different speeds, the new VarioS Controller takes the pump to a new level featuring:
1. A float switch connection, which allows you to connect a float switch (included in the box) to the controller. This is an added security feature that allows you to shut off the skimmer pump when your waste collector is full or shut off your water pump when your sump water has reached a high or low level. In all, you don’t need another module or controller to add a float switch to your system.
2. Two different pause/feed modes that will shut off the pump for either 15 or 60 minute intervals. These come handy when you are feeding the tank or conducting regular maintenance such as a water change.
3. And the best feature of the VarioS controller is… a 0-10v input which will allow a 3rd party controller such as Neptune System’s APEX or Reef Angel to take over the pump and tell it what to do. In this mode, the new VarioS controller becomes an interface between the system controller and the pump allowing you to create intricate programs using your system controller native language. This is unprecedented controlability on a skimmer or water pump. In essence, you can use your system controller as your DC pump controller!
The VarioS pump features a true slow startup where the pump slowly ramps up from zero RPM to the full preset speed over a period of approximately 10 seconds.
The pump and controller are connected via a waterproof 3-conductor union. The detachable controller will allow for a simple waterproof union. The volute can rotate to change the pump's output orientation in 90 degree intervals, meaning users can output water vertically (up or down) as well as horizontally.
Bioload Handling (Excluding sump)
· HEAVY - 200 GALLONS
·MEDIUM - 300 GALLONS
·LIGHT- 400 GALLONS
-Two(2) year on pump body
- One(1) year on pump rotor
- One(1) year on skimmer body